As this year is coming to an end and we are prepping for the NEW one, I want to assist you in goal setting to make this next year the BEST one yet!
You have to develop the habit of setting goals often, as if you are training yourself. If you are not moving forward in life then you are moving backwards.
Any physical desires that you may have are a result of accomplished goals. So what are you waiting for? FILL UP YOUR CALENDAR!!!!!!
Here I am going to provide some tips on how to set SMART GOALS for 2017, and keep these questions in mind as you are setting your goals. Please see the meaning for acronym S.M.A.R.T below:
- The "S" in SMART stands for Specific.
- Be specific when you are setting a goal. Define your goal as much as possible with no unclear language.
- Target the who, the what, the when, and the why.
- The "M" in SMART stands for Measurable.
- Can you track and measure the outcome of your goal?
- Always set a deadline for your goal and work towards meeting that deadline.
- The "A" in SMART stands for Attainable.
- Is the goal that you are setting reasonable enough to attain?
- Does it make complete sense?
- The "R" in SMART stands for Relevant.
- Make sure the goal that you are setting is worthwhile and not just a fantasy.
- Is the goal relevant to who you are as a person and the deepest desires of your life?
- Make sure the goal is on the same page as your experience, your knowledge, and your journey of life.
- The "T" in SMART stands for Timely.
- You do not just want to be a "goal getter." Set smart goals and take action and accomplish things which is what creates your life. Become a DOER.
There is always someone else or something more that you have to contribute to. SET THE EXAMPLE , BE FEARLESS, and live your life to the fullest.
Make a vow to yourself to no longer be just a dreamer. After you set a goal in your head, WRITE IT DOWN. Things that are written are definite. Then start speaking up your goals and using your WORDS to begin the process of accomplishment.
I hope this helps. I learned this process from my life coach and mentor, and I felt that this was so powerful that I needed to share with you all.
I wish you a happy, prosperous, and fulfilling NEW YEAR and I am looking forward to seeing everyone WIN.